Summary of Service
Threshold Athletics provides a platform where certain users (“Campaign Managers” or more generally “Project Creators”) run campaigns to fund creative projects by offering rewards to raise money from other users (“Donors”). Through the Site, email, websites, and other media, the Service makes accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, projects, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, “Content”). Project Creators, Donors, and other visitors to and users of the Service (collectively, “Users”) may have the ability to contribute, add, create, upload, submit, distribute, facilitate the distribution of, collect, post, or otherwise make accessible (“Submit”) Content. “User Submissions” means any Content Submitted by Users.
Acceptance of Terms
The Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including, but not limited to, the availability of any feature, database, or Content) at any time for any reason. The Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old (and at least the legal age in your jurisdiction). You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are at least 18 years old and of legal age in your jurisdiction to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. The Company reserves the right to ask for proof of age from you and your account may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided. The Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
Rules and Conduct
· Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
· You know is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
· Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another’s privacy;
· Constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
· Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of the Company or any third party;
· Is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
· Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the Company.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company s or its third-party providers infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or spam on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. Project Creators agree to not abuse other users’ personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project, or is not related to fulfilling delivery of a product or service explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project.
Projects: Fundraising and Commerce
Threshold Athletics is a platform where Project Creators run campaigns to fund projects by offering rewards to raise money from Donors or by using deals to entice Donors to donate. By creating a fundraising campaign on, you as the Project Creator are offering the public the opportunity to enter into a contract with you. By backing a fundraising campaign on ThresholdAthletics, you as the Donor accept that offer and the contract between Donor and Project Creator is formed. Threshold Athletics is not a party to that agreement between the Donor and Project Creator. All dealings are solely between Users. By backing or creating a fundraising campaign on ThresholdAthletics.com, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:
· Donors agree to provide their payment information at the time they donate to a campaign. The payment will be collected immediately. The amount Donors donate is the amount they will be charged.
· Donors agree to pay the monies donated even if the goal amount isn’t reached for flexible campaigns.
· The Estimated Delivery Date listed on each reward is not a promise to fulfill by that date, but is merely an estimate of when the Project Creator hopes to fulfill by.
· Project Creators agree to make a good faith attempt to fulfill each reward by its Estimated Delivery Date.
· For all campaigns, Threshold Athletics gives to the Project Creator each Donor’s User ID, donation amount, name and email.
· For some rewards, the Project Creator needs further information from Donors, such as a mailing address or t-shirt size, to enable the Project Creator to deliver the rewards. The Project Creator shall request the information directly from Donors at some point after the fundraising campaign is successful. To receive the reward, Donors agree to provide the requested information to the Project Creator within a reasonable amount of time.
· Threshold Athletics does not offer refunds. A Project Creator is not required to grant a Donor’s request for a refund unless the Project Creator is unable or unwilling to fulfill the reward.
· Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their fundraising campaigns or refund any Donor whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill.
· Threshold Athletics and its payments partners will remove their fees before transmitting proceeds of a campaign. Fees may vary depending on region and other factors.
· Threshold Athletics reserves the right to cancel a donation at any time and for any reason.
· Threshold Athletics reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign at any time and for any reason. is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions. Threshold Athletics’ policy is not to comment on the reasons for any of those actions.
Project Creators should not take any action in reliance on having their project posted on the Site or having any of the money donated until they have the ability to withdraw and spend the money. There may be a delay between the end of a successful fundraising campaign and access to the funds.
Threshold Athletics is not liable for any damages or loss incurred related to rewards or any other use of the Service. Threshold Athletics is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any Users, or between Users and any third party arising in connection with the use of the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with campaigns on the Site. Threshold Athletics does not oversee the performance or punctuality of projects. The Company does not endorse any User Submissions. You release, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, damages, and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Service.
Proposed Activity and Proposal Agreement:
Threshold Athletics provides a platform for Project Creators to receive proposed activities or promotional opportunities (“Proposals”) from Supporters and Users. By submitting a Proposal through thresholdathletics.com, you as a Supporter or User are offering the Project Creator the opportunity to enter into a contract with you. By accepting the Proposal, you as the Project Creator accept that offer and enter into a contract (the “Contract”) with the Supporter to complete the contracted activity (“the Activity”). Threshold Athletics is not a party to that agreement between the Supporter and Project Creator. All dealings are solely between Users. By creating or accepting a Proposal through ThresholdAthletics.com, you agree to be bound by this entire Agreement, including the following terms:
· Users submitting a Proposal to a Project Creator are expected to include their legal name and email address; the proposed activity; activity type; the proposed activity date; proposed compensation; and a proposal description.
· The Project Creator has the ability to review the Proposal and has the right to accept or reject the Proposal.
· By accepting the Proposal, the Project Creator is entering into the Contract with the Supporter and agrees to complete the Activity by the proposed activity date, unless otherwise agreed to by both the Supporter and the Project Creator.
· Contracts that require Project Creators to post on social media platforms must make posting accessible to viewers for 45 days or until the post disappears from the platform in accordance with the normal practices for that platform.
· When receiving confirmation that their Proposal was accepted by the Project Creator, the Supporter will receive an invoice with payment details to their provided email address. If the invoice is not paid within three (3) days of the activity date, then the Contract will be cancelled and considered void.
· Upon Supporter submitting payment information, payments will be processed. Project Creator’s will receive a transfer of funds for their complete account balance after the end date of their campaign.
· Project Creators acknowledge that funds cannot be transferred if payments are not received from the Supporter
· Project Creators agree to make a good faith attempt to fulfill each Activity by the activity date.
· Threshold Athletics does not offer refunds. A Project Creator is not required to grant a Supporter’s request for a refund unless the Project Creator is unable or unwilling to fulfill the contracted Activity.
· Project Creators are required to fulfill all Contracts for Activities or refund any Supporter whose Activity they do not or cannot fulfill.
· Supporter may cancel an Activity and request a refund prior to the activity completion date if the Project Creator they have contracted with has been arrested or publicly accused of a crime by reputable media outlets.
· Supporters that feel a contracted Activity was not properly completed must contact the Site within 5 (five) days of the completion date with suitable evidence and a detailed description of how the Campaign Manager make the Activity satisfactory. If both parties agree, a new mutually agreed upon activity date will be set.
· Threshold Athletics and its payments partners will remove their fees before transmitting proceeds to a Campaign Manager. Fees may vary depending on region and other factors.
· Threshold Athletics reserves the right to cancel an Activity at any time and for any reason.
· Threshold Athletics reserves the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign or Activity at any time and for any reason. Threshold Athletics is not liable for any damages as a result of any of those actions. Threshold Athletics’ policy is not to comment on the reasons for any of those actions.
· Project Creators should not take any action in reliance on having any money contributed until they have the ability to withdraw and spend the money. There may be a delay between the end of an approved Proposal and access to the funds.
· Any Content created by Project Creators for Supporters in completion of an Activity becomes the property of the Supporter solely for the use expressed in the Proposal. Use of that Content in other ways requires the expressed consent of the Project Creator.
Fees and Payments
Joining is free. However, we do charge fees for certain services. Changes to fees are effective after we provide you with notice by posting the changes on the Site. The users are responsible for paying all fees and taxes associated with your use of the Service. Threshold Athletics charges a 15% fee on campaign profits to its Project Creators for using it its services. Other fees vary per transactions. All funds for transactions are collected by via Stripe.com, and all funds are delivered to the users minus the appropriate fees.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under the Company’s control, and you acknowledge that the Company is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources. The inclusion on another website of any link to the Site does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with the Company. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource.
Content and License
You agree that the Service contains Content provided by the Company and its partners and Users and that the Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service. The Company grants to each User of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior written permission from the Company, or from the copyright holder. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you agree to the following terms:
· The Company will not have any ownership rights over your User Submissions. However, the Company and its affiliates need the following license to perform and market the Service on your behalf and on behalf of its other Users and itself. You grant to the Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your User Submissions and your name, image, likeness, trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the “Trademarks”) in connection with (a) the Service, (b) the Company’s (and its successors and assigns ) businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the User Submissions and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the User Submissions, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to the Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submissions, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Submissions.
· You are publishing your User Submission, and you may be identified publicly by your name or User ID in association with your User Submission.
· You grant to each User a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use.
· You further agree that your User Submissions will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant all of the license rights granted herein.
· The use or other exploitation of User Submissions by the Company and Users as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
· The Company shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions.
· All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated.
· The Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
· The Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service.
· All Content you access through the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
· Threshold Athletics has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating User accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. Threshold Athletics also may terminate User accounts even based on a single infringement.
· Threshold Athletics will remove infringing materials if properly notified that Content infringes copyright. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify Threshold Athletics’ Copyright Agent by emailing us at email@example.com . Your must contain the following information :
· An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
· A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
· A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for Threshold Athletics to locate the material;
· Your address, telephone number, and email address;
· A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please notify Threshold Athletics’ Copyright Agent in writing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your counternotice must contain the following information:
· A physical or electronic signature of the user of the Services;
· Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
· A statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
· The subscriber s name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located.
Under the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. If you fail to comply with these notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid.
The Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that the Company has no duty to take any action regarding any of the following: which Users gain access to the Site; what Content Users access through the Site; what effects the Content may have on Users; how Users may interpret or use the Content; or what actions Users may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. The Company cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data or information that Users provide about themselves or their campaigns and projects. You release the Company from all liability for your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. The Company makes no representations concerning any Content on the Site, and the Company is not liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained on the Service. The Company does not guarantee that any Content will be made available through the Service. The Company has no obligation to monitor the Service or Content. The Company reserves the right to, at any time, for any reason, and without notice: (i) cancel, reject, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign or project; (ii) remove, edit, or modify any Content, including, but not limited to, any User Submission; and (iii) remove or block any User or User Submission. The Company reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions. The Service is provided “as is” and “as available” and is without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. The Company, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that: (a) the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (b) any defects or errors will be corrected; (c) any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. The Company makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. The Company will not be liable for the privacy of addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on the Company s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Company, nor its directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence, or any other legal or equitable theory with respect to the service (i) for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services (however arising), (ii) for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination), or (iii) for any direct damages in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred US Dollars ($100.00).
International Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where the Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Electronic Delivery, Notice Policy, and Your Consent By using the Services, you consent to receive from Threshold Athletics all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Services (collectively, “Contract Notices”) electronically. Threshold Athletics may provide the electronic Contract Notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Contract Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Services.
You agree that the Company and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction inside or outside the United States. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms, or your use or non-use of the Services, shall be filed only in Fresno County California courts, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
Integration and Severability
SIGNING OF THE AGREEMENT
By Clicking Accept I, Project Creator, understand the Term and Conditions listed above. Please direct any question you may have to: Threshold Athletics; PO Box 843; Clovis, CA; 93619